ok, I tried to do a new install but still no luck. last time I uninstalled the faulty game installation I made sure to uninstall entirely with all the folders and stuff but it still gives the runtime error, right after launching the game, so I could never even get to demo mode. there is no telling where in the registry this ended in. I guess I have to wait until next time when I wipe off my entire hard drive when I clean install my OS. this is frustrating.
regards
chrissy