Hi Chastity,
As I mentioned a little earlier there is a simple fix for installing the games. Simply press the context menu key between the left Windows key and the left control key, down arrow to run as administrator, and press enter. The reason Vista gives the error that it does is because user's have to have administrator rights to install programs, and in addition they use a non-standard installation. Instead of using an installer such as Microsoft Setup Installer Jim Kitchen uses a self-extracting zip file which Vista doesn't particularly like. As far as compatibility issues I hear you there. There are some issues with various accessible games do to the fact they aren't 100% Vista compatible. Most aren't designed for Vista's new user acccount control, and many are written in Visual Basic 6 which is no longer officially supported. Which requires the end user to install the missing libraries and dependencies that no longer ship with Vista and Windows 7 independantly. A person can get the games to run on Vista, but it would be nice if they all could be upgraded to meet new Windows specs.
Smile.

Chastity MORSE wrote:
In regards to the question about installing the kitchensinc games on a Vista system...? I would suggest contacting the game maker at his website and mentioning this to him. There's a possibility he hasn't updated them to work with the new operating system yet. I've found there are many programs written for XP that won't work with Vista and same the other way around.
Good luck.