blind driving a car? it has happened, if interested contact me off list and I'll send you the article; no one cared about civil rights, no one cared about woman's rights and no one cares about Blind issues; we have to take the bull by the horns and stand up as a people.. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mainstream game accessibility

Hi,
I have to agree with you. Recently there has been some talk about a car that can drive itself, and of course the media felt this might be a revolutionary breakthrough for groups such as the blind who can not drive cars. In the medias eyes this is big news. However, the fact that GMA, Jim Kitchen, or myself are working on accessible games for the blind aren't even worth a mentioning on the back page of your average news paper most of the time. What media attention we do get from time to time is often there for a quick "wow" responce and is quickly forgotten. Frankly, the general public doesn't care, and generally is unconcerned about blind accessibility issues like this.

ChB wrote:
Frankly the public does not care if a blind person is able
to play video games, so the media interest would be non
existent. I think you'd get more media attention if you
partioned to car developers complaining about not being able
to drive then you do if you complain about video game
accesibility. I hate that fact as much as anyone, as I had
played games from the days of old nintendo nes when I still
had sight.
chrissy