Hmmm, now there's a game I've been rather interested to play. And it's heartening to hear that that particular developer at least might be more willing to make the game more accessible. Now if only I knew of a way to do this. I may talk to my girlfriend about that. If all goes as we plan tomorrow we'll have a few days together, during which we'll hopefully be putting our heads together to come up with game ideas and coming up with ways to make it happen. She's a programmer as I said, though as yet I don't know what languages she's versed in. But maybe she and I could come up with some ideas on how one might make RB more blind friendly.
You have acquired the skill of Weaponry Theremin.
Your current level of mastery is 10 Apprentice.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Yohandy" <yohand...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mainstream game accessibility

as I previously stated, contacting developers is the first step. I read somewhere on the Rock band site that RB2 developers wanted to make their games accessible to as many people as possible, including blind people. Guess why they haven't? Because they have no clue how to do this. I play RB2, but a lot of it involves memorization and familiarity with the game mechanics. I haven't actually thought of way the game could be made fully accessible the way sighted people play it due to the complexity of the notes etc . If anyone thinks of something, however, feel free to contact Harmonix though! ----- Original Message ----- From: "ChB" <chr1...@gmx.de>