----- Original Message -----
From: Clement Chou
To: brandonsl...@freelists.org
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 11:43 PM
Subject: Invincible Tiger: The legend of Han Tao

Alright sony and microsoft fanboys... here goes. This game came out about two
weeks ago for the xbl and psn. This is a bit of a retro game, as it is
basically a side-scrolling beat em up. You can jump onto different levels, such
as platforms, trees, and whatnot, but that's not important, only optional. This
game very closely resembles final fight and double dragon. The one gimmic is
that the stages are more like super smash brothers. What does that mean? It
means that when you're in a fight, you're free to move around however much you
want, jump onto any level, whatever, but you can't get past that section until
you beat all the enemies. Then you move to the right and go on. It isn't like a
real side scrolling beat em up where you're actually trying to get somewhere.
As someone put it to me on the gamefaqs boards, "It's more like trying to stay
alive than trying to actually get somewhere at the same time as fighting." So
in that respect, it's more like a fighting game. But the bottom line is.. it is
entirely playable. Though this is the one hitch, though players of older beat
em ups should be used to this. There is no blocking, but dodging is done based
off whether the attack is a high one or low one. Thus to dodge you hit the
analogue stick to dodge. Up for lower, down for high. This is difficult to do
without vision, but like I've said, if you liked older beat em ups since there
was no real way to block or dodge without vision either, this is entirely worth
your fifteen bucks. Controlls aren't non-responsive, very nice and tight
actually. More on the game from me soon.. and the last point. Aside from the
main mode, there's also endurance and time trial modes to go through. And...
the one high point that I think I like the most... is online co-op. Finally an
action game which isn't a one on one fighting game where totally blind people
can work together on this. Hope some people decide to get the game... here's a
sample. As this game is trying to simulate a chinese kung fu action movie,
you'll hear all the typicals. Loud thwacks and smacking, and some of the most
ludicrous grunts and yells, as well as, quoted direct from IGN, "All the funky
70s tunes."
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4zwzc9