Hi Allison,
Agreed. None of us stand to gain anything by bemoaning the status quo. What we need to have is some of that proactive thinking that will help us adapt to the situation. There are probably lots of alternatives here even if they aren't ideal. One thing we can't do is ask a developer to break the law by ignoring existing copyright laws. That's unreasonable and will put one of our developers legally and financially at risk. That's unacceptable as far as I am concerned.

Allison Mervis wrote:
And in an ideal world, that would be peachy. However, in the real world, it's not always possible to have sighted help, so you have to learn to adapt. One possible solution that might work is to start some kind of website where people submit descriptions of the layouts of screens for these games, as well as the actions required to play them without sight. Maybe something like this already exists, in which case there's no need to reinvent the wheel. But instead of bemoaning the hopelessness of a situation, try to find ways to change it. A little proactive creativity can often go a long way. Smile.
Allison