Hi,
Sorry, but what you are suggesting is currently little more than a pipe dream. True Marxist communism, like you described, isn't compatible with most people. There will always be greedy people, those who hunger for power, those who desire wealth, whatever. It is an incurable part of human nature. Since it is the reality of the situation, not a pipe dream, most of us in the real world have to accept life as it is. Maybe Lenin honestly believed he could establish a Marxist style government in Russia after the revolution, but the reality was the Soviet Union's political ideology didn't work for a lot of reasons. For example, in the late 1940's the Soviet's captured an American B-29bomber. When they tried to reproduce it they found their factories unable to produce many of the parts required to create a copy of the B-29 bomber. Even the tires had to be stolen or requisitioned from American warehouses. The primary problem was do to the fact there was no commercial innovation and competition between companies and factories to create newer and better parts. There was one government factory to build this or that, and that was it. They discovered in short order they were in the stone age while our factories were constantly competing with each other to improve upon older designs. I once knew a college professor who lived in Poland for several years, and she told various experiences of how different things were over there in the 1980's compared to here. They often ran into shortages of something as simple as paper clips. They would hire workers to create x number of paper clips, as many as the government thought they needed, and stopped making any more. If they ran out before the end of the year tough. They'd just have to wait until the government decided to make another run of paper clips. It was totally screwed up.

Josh wrote:

Hi,

Not only software, but food, hardware, everything in the world that is sellable should be put under the gnu general public license. the license should be adapted to apply to food, hardware, cars, everything. The goal of an artist should not be to simply do it for the money. the goal or the reason behind any job is that you do the job because you're naturally good at it or learned through someone else and as a result enjoy doing your job and your reward is the satisfaction that you are making others happy, feel good, or are contributing to society. Imagine if there were no cost, there would be no stealing because there would be no need to steal. One of the major thing that I think causes people to steal things such as pirating windos to stealing cars is because they cannot afford it. because they don't have the money. Now remove money out of the picture. Does it mean windows has less value because it is now free from price? no. It is free from the dollar or the price but what does Microsoft now get? They get thank you letters saying what a good product they made. They get self-satisfaction because they enjoy writing software and contributing to society. The day the market collapses and people realise there are far greater things than the value of money will be a wonderful day. Oh business will still continue but it will change and take a different form. This may take decades or centuries maybe 1000 years or so but it will happen. If there were one religion in the world, no need for money no need to kill etcetera the world would be wonderful. Open source is the first step along this road and although I may not have the money to donate, I will contribute by being a user and providing feedback when I can. And I will hopefully someday learn programming so I can contribute to it.
Josh

Join me on klango at www.klango.net visit and sign my petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/coda1234/petition.html and visit my blog at: http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net follow me on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/jkenn337