I believe the answer is Anne, as in Anne opticon.

Beware the grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicol" <nicoljaco...@telkomsa.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] brain teezer

Wow phil, this is interesting history!
Well, I am not going to try and differ from you at all, but actually I have
a different answer to the riddle in mind.
Ok, so here is another clue.
This person, she is a female, did not really invent the opticon, as phil
just now  indicated who the real inventor is.
But this woman can, however be called some kind of opticon inventor before
the real inventor really invented it.
So guys, keep those thinking caps on.
You are going to laugh loud when I give the answer to this riddle.
You are going to call me the most original person; the person with the most
original imagination.
Just wait until tomorrow afternoon.
Sheesh, I know its long until then but just wait.
Until then, try   decipher the riddle.