From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org]
On Behalf Of Louise Keel
Sent: 09 September 2009 19:57
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] the Jehovah's witnesses viewpoint ongaming:3
articles

Hi everyone.

I too was raised as a Jehovah's witness and my childhood was blighted by
its
radicalism. I also quit as soon as I was able to, and it took some
doing!
The point is, parents do have the right to decide what kind of computer
and
video games they will allow their kids to play, because they are
parents.
But in my view, once you become an adult, no one, no one has the right
tell anyone else what they must or must not play for relaxation. This is
up
to everyone's indevidual conscience. I spend a lot of time smashing up
Old
Man Stanley's house. this does not mean I'm going to suddenly get it
into my
head to go out and start wrecking homes here. it's. a. game!

And I may also add, in case I may be accused of predjudice, that
Jehovah's
witnesses are far from the only Christian fundamentalists who try to
tell
others what to play, watch, listen to, read, think. It's not on. That
is, I
hasten to add, only my opinion.

Best

Lulu Keel.

Now faith, hope, love abide, these three. But the greatest of these is
love.