Those who would know its really Jeff that should be the nick name of Skids can change it to Jeff on their own.
Or If  the game knows his car number.
YOu could  have the info as
#23 JG.
Or even if the gamer don't know that is, you could have a link in your documents to a web site, that the gamer could fetch the info and then edit.

I even seen the name just have a character replace one of the letters in the name like:

Jeff Go%dan

It looks like that its have to do with using the full name inside games that the licenses justpertain. And as long as the game has an editoring the copyrights can not touch the game since it is not sold with the exactly names of persons or products.

This would fall in the same thing with sponsors.
If a team is sponsor by "Tide".
The same things above could be used as in "Tiddy Soap"
Gamers may guess this must be "Tide".
But if they don't I feel that what every the sponsorship is nameed, it don't have to be the real product, but some thing that may souond like is alright or not.
If The game is good this would be a meer point.
But allowing the gamer to change it to any thing what , being a actually product or a made up one should be part of the game features.

And since you will be using a computer voice for the track announcer,, it allows room for a editor in the game.