From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org]on
Behalf Of alex wallis
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 1:25 AM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: Re: [Audyssey]  turning monitor off during pc use

Hi.
just to jump into this thread, I can fully understand where the original
poster is coming from.
I am now 23 but at the time was 18.
I really enjoy playing all in play, which does not use real money for
gambling.
However I would frequently find my brother would come in and say something
like are you gambling again and frequently my parents would ask me for
reassurance I wasn't gambling.

In fact, once my father came in saw I had a bet for like 20000 chips and
basically said to me to prove to him I wasn't gambling.
He basically said if it wasn't real I wouldn't mind disconnecting from the
game mid hand.
I did and of course lost my chips but I was quite annoyed.
Luckily soon after I moved to a laptop and now my family don't usually come
down and look at its screen.
But my mum some times asks me what I am doing.
If anyone knows of a program I can use to switch my laptops monitor off I
would be very interested to know as its none of there business what I do at
home, It of course goes off after inactivity but I would like it off
completely.