same here.
I have an uncle and aunt that are like that.
However if you let them go on after a bit and with explaination they actually
accept at least my uncle does.
I told him about entombed and explained it was like dnd, a fact I knew because
a friend of the same religion played and still does this board game with his
church.
ANd I put it to him as a stratogy sim type thing.
This type is what I like playing, all the roles the game can take weather your
skill is enough to hammer your char or not.