Hi all,

One technique that I have not seen discussed in the "turning the monitor"
off thread is the use of the laptop battery saver from techno-vision
Systems. I use the product everyday and it disables the display as soon as
you get to the desktop. The battery saver is a small device shaped like the
jack of an older CRT monitor. It plugs into the video out port of your
laptop. It works by simulating a monitor so you route your laptop's display
output to the device such that the laptop screen is disabled. You use the
same technique when connecting to an lcd projector.

Note:
I am not getting a sales commission for the above but am just a satisfied
customer. You can see the product at:
http|://www.techno-vision.co.uk

Pranav