that sounds like something we could ask braille soft to do. they already made it so you can use your own words in hangman etc by textfiles... ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 11:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Anyone thought of doing an accessible handheld trivia game?

Hi Dark,

There is really no way to put Jim Kitchen's Trivia game on a hand-held device unless it runs Windows. It has a lot more problems than just requiring Sapi. All of Jim's games are writthen in Visual Basic 6 which is absolutely Windows specific. Since it was designed by Microsoft it should come as no surprise they have not licensed or made ports of the Visual Basic 6 runtime to Mac, Linux, Cimbion OS, etc. As a result it has no use outside of Windows software development.

As far as your point about trivia games goes it wouldn't be difficult to create one for a smart phone, PDA, or similar device. Provided you have a screen reader on there like Talks writing the trivia game would be a cakewalk.

dark wrote:
also, I'm afraid that I don't particularly see the attraction of having a hand held trivia game.

Not because I don't think trivia could be fun, but there are many accessible trivia games available already which you could run on a hand held.

I'm not sure about Jim kitchins because of the sapi issue, but I believe those from 7-128 do, and using websites like freerice would be no trouble at all.

Beware the Grue!

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4333 (20090813) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4333 (20090813) __________