Hi phil,
What I am thinking of doing is a look typecommand where you press v for view and it just speaks everything in the room. Now, that I've figured out how to interupt speech with the control key or whatever such a command is ultimately easier than pressing v for view, arrowing to an item, and pressing enter to speak it's location. I'd rather not use a menu at all if I can help it so that's why I don't have any plans to use a menu in beta 8.

HTH