Hi Nick, generally for writing code you will just want to use an off the shelf text editor like notepad and save it as a *.py file. As far as creating a Windows executable you will need to use py2exe which will compile your Python sorce as a Windows program, and you will have to include the Python runtime libraries with the program as well.

HTH

Nick Helms wrote:
Ok all,
I have decided to learn the python programming language.
My only issue now is, how do I compile my code since I understand that
it is not possible to do it through the inturpritor, as it runs your
code as you type it, without giving you the opportunity to save your
project.
my question is, are there any good python compilers? And also, is
there a way to turn .py(compiled python programs) in to .exe files?
Thanks,
Nick