thank you thomas! Actualy, I figured it out. My problem was that I had
told notepad to save the file as a .txt rather then "All files" .py
Thanks for your help!
As far as the librarys, I have the python inturpretor installed, wich
I used to run this the application I just wrote. Is that all I need as
well as the source file for py2exe to work?

> Hi Nick,  generally for writing code you will just want to use an off
> the shelf text editor like notepad and save it as a *.py file. As far as
> creating a Windows executable you will need to use py2exe which will
> compile your Python sorce as a Windows program, and you will have to
> include the Python runtime libraries with the program as well.
>
> HTH
>
> Nick Helms wrote:
>> Ok all,
>> I have decided to learn the python programming language.
>> My only issue now is, how do I compile my code since I understand that
>> it is not possible to do it through the inturpritor, as it runs your
>> code as you type it, without giving you the opportunity to save your
>> project.
>> my question is, are there any good python compilers? And also, is
>> there a way to turn .py(compiled python programs) in to .exe files?
>> Thanks,
>> Nick
>>
>> ---
>> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.