Amen!

It wouldn't be appropriate to all games of course, but for a game
where a big part of showing your skill is posting your scores online,
perhaps one way to demonstrate who's an expert and who's gotten to the
end of a stage by saving every couple of moves would be to have a
number of saves per stage posted as part of your stats.  That way, the
recognition could be there amongst the types of gamers who care to
check these things.

But in all honesty, in the case of MOTA, I'd say we're overthinking
this beyond reason.  Save less, risk more, that be the key folks.

Scott