Hi Phil,
Unfortunately, setting up a microphone under Windows Vista and Windows 7 is quite a bit different. If anyone needs a tootorial for either let me know and I'll try and write one up.

Phil Vlasak wrote:
Hi,
In Windows XP,
in the alt pull down menu there is a combo box that is set on playback.
I switched it to record then exited to get to my recording volume controls. Then I selected what you hear, that turned off the microphone recording choice.
Then I went back in the combo box and switched to playback volumes.
I then arrowed down to microphone volume in the playback menu and un-muted it and adjusted the volume.
This is how I recorded my microphone at the same time as a game.

Phil