From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Jeremy Hartley
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 12:58 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] I got in to gemstone iv with VipMud! Was: Re:
Follow-upto Simutronics playing through telnet

Hey folks,

Ok, I managed to just get into gemstone iv with VipMud.  What I had to do
was use firefox to log into my account.  When I clicked the go play button,
a page came up saying that if my browser didn't launch using active x to
click here.  When I did, firefox brought a file save dialog with my
character's .sal file, ie, grogrond.sal.  I then saved it to disc, and
opened it in notepad, and copied the key to the clipboard, and used the host

of prime.gs4.game.play.net and the port of 4900 entered into the host and
port sections in vipMud.  Then, I pasted the key from the clipboard and hit
enter.  I then typed FE/JAVA and hit enter.  And I am now in!

My guess is that you could do the same thing in IE, but you will have to
disable active-x?

Anyway, just my findings.