Hi Tom,

Just installed beta 9.  The initial run through yielded these quirks:

The staircase doesn't show up in my view command. Come to that, the
view command in that room doesn't seem to do anything at all until
you're at the top of the stairs, but even then it only mentions the
door to the left.  Mine seems to consistently refuse to talk about a
door to the right even when I was standing right next to the thing.

Hand to hand feature is fun.  Good sounds and I like the idea of
keeping everything bound to one action button, really makes you weigh
up when is a good time to draw etc.
The actual combat seems to be a tad fast, a nimble-thumbed layer can
get Angela hurling punches and kicks at an alarmingly unrealistic
rate, whilst doing potentially alarming damage to their space bar I
should add, it's quite addictive lol.  My point is, if you could set
some sort of maximum lifelike speed no matter how frantic the player
pounds away at their keyboard, it might make the hand to hand feature
feel more real and give those chunky connection sounds the weight they
deserve.

Only other thing I noticed was a distance oddity that I'm not sure has
been mentioned before.  3 steps to a meter seems a tad accessive, and
the same seems to apply whether Angela is at a casual stroll or a full
sprint.  I've not paid much attention to the view command up until now
tbh, so not sure if this is a new thing or something in the engine.

Hth, will post if anything else crops up.

Scott