Hi Thomas,
I agree that there should be a swoosh sound if you swing your fist too far from the creature. This could also be used if you are in range and miss, which I hope is taken account for as not every punch or kick should be a hit. Maybe you could include some really timid creatures that run off when she kicks or swings at them. I could see a bat that almost sounds like the harpy but is scared away from you just by swinging at it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "matheus" <an...@bol.com.br>
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Hand to Hand Conbat?

hi.
well,but remember that the enemies also move,so she can just kick or
punch and miss. it whould be more realistic. on my point ov view, just
bekause she can see the enemies,it doesn't mean she will hit everytime.
thinking in that way, why to use the pistol/sword/dagger wen she is out
of range, since it whould consume some energy and she can hit then?
but that's just a suggestion.
and speaking of the sounds for it, yep,wen you punch the air, the punch
itself doesn't have a sound, but if she is wearing some cloting -- which
i presume so, wen she swing, you could hear the cloting moving a bit in her arm
to know that you've tried to punch. try doing that in real life and see.
HTH, and thanks.