Hi Charles,
Very true. Punching or kicking air wouldn't make any sound. Never-the-less many games do make a swoosh sound when yu miss, but I elected not to for the realism. As I said before if you are out of range logic would dictate Angela can see her target, and could judge if it is out of range of her punches and kicks. Therefore she would not try and punch or kick an enemy until she got into melee range. If we were all sighted players we wouldn't even be having this discussion as any mainstream sighted player wouldn't even consider pressing the fire button until he/she was close enough to score a hit on his/her target to begin with. So i emulated this by having Angela ignore any command to punch/kick until she was in range.

Charles Rivard wrote:
On hand to hand combat, there is no need for a sound if you are too far from the enemy, as hitting air would not make any sound. No sound? No contact, and no damage done or sustained. Those are the first thoughts that come to my mind. By the way, nice demo, Tom!