Hi Hayden,
Perhaps you are too close or too far away? I can usually kill a skeleton with one or two good sword swings. Daggers take about 4 or 5 good stabs, but they also work. Believe me I have tested this game in and out, and everything generally works here.

Hayden Presley wrote:
One thing I've noticed, skeletons don't seem to take damage from the dagger
or sword. Why is this exactly?
Hayden