De: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
Para: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Data: Quarta, 28 de Outubro de 2009 22:33
Assunto: [Audyssey] Side scrollers was: MOTA Side-Scroller vs FPS

Tom, I ask you one symple question.

Why is it you associate the side scrolling 2D perspective only with 1980's
arcade style gameplay, and features such as key and door puzles, traps,
bosses etc with fps.

In the 90's, the side scrolling genre matured and changed from the point
scoring fests they were, into something else entirely.

Games like the Mega man, Metroid and castlevania series, the later mario
offerings on the Snes such as super Marrio world, and games like Donkey Kong
country, ---- not to mention more modern continuations of those series' on
the Gba, pluss games like Astroboy which are entirely original.

All are side scrollers. This in no way stops them from being complex, deeply
interesting games a long way from the likes of the original montizuma's
revenge. Many do not feature a scoring system at all, have complex traps and
mazes for the player, puzles to solve, and a huge variety of enemies, ----
both miner and major to fight.

In audio, we already have many 80's rack up score style games, and I would
be against having another. Why however, does this mean we have to
automatically make the game a 3D fps affair?

What is wrong with Mota continuing along the lines it has been, ----
developing into an audio evolution of the side scrolling genre, a complex 2D
game similar to those mentioned above.

this is a genre I've had hours of fun with over the years, and would love to
see translate into audio, as audio 2D has considderable potential which has
been untapped.

Perhaps it is not the 80's side scroller or complete fps game you were
invisioning, ---- just like the series mentioned above, it evolved.

But this is not to my mind a bad thing, ---- quite the opposite. While I'm
deeply sorry you aren't a fan of the game's current direction, speaking as a
player I certainly am, and would very much like it to continue as it is, and
become the first complex 2D adventure in audio ever produced.

i feel quite strongly on this matter! while i wouldn't be against the fps
idea, I equally think something very valuable in Mota would be lost.

We already have some great first person titles, ---- why not explore another
avinue?

All the best,