Well personally, speaking as someone who paid for the game, I paid for a side scroller.

while I wouldn't be hugely upset to get an fps game with all the features, ----- I would be sad to lose the oppertunity to have the 2d genre explored in audio, ---- also I'd be sad to see Tom's work on this project fail in a sense.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Side-Scroller vs FPS

I think the issue here is that when most people who paid for the game did so, they were expecting to get a classic side scroller, no random monsters or items, no saving games, no nothing really, since classic side scrollers didn't feature all that. Thomas posed approximately this same question in January of 2008 and let's just say the response wasn't pretty. People kept demanding exactly what they paid for and criticizing Thomas for trying to exercise his own creativity to keep from burning out on the project, so much in fact that Thomas seemed on the verge of cobbling together James North's original code or as close to it as possible, releasing it and then ceasing development altogether. But he felt he had to give people something, even if it wasn't exactly what they were promised. I could of course be totally wrong about all this but this is my interpretation from all that I've observed. Homer: Hey, uh, could you go across the street and get me a slice of pizza?