Hi jim,
Thanks for the code example. Actually my Genesis engine has a quick and easy way to stop and silence all sounds just by calling the PauseSounds function. My big question was though why they would want me to pause sounds when pausing the game. After all when you switch out of the game window it pauses the sounds and resumes them when the window has focus so they aren't in the way when using a chat program, e-mail, whatever.

Smile.