From: "Jim Kitchen" <j...@kitchensinc.net>
To: "Charles Rivard" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 12:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] 3D navigation

Hi Charles,

I due to RPs tunnel vision became legally blind at 21 and had to give up
driving at that point.  I could still see pretty good until I was about 30.
So I still think that I have pretty good spacial visualization skills.  And
with some exploring I get around new environments pretty darn good.

But when it comes to games, I am one of those who just walks around and
around running into walls and getting frustrated.  Could be because I do not
have surround sound speakers or headphones or sound card,  But could also be
because in the real world there is tactile feedback, wind, smells, being
able to stand, listen, turn your head back and forth etc etc.  I think that
it also has some to do with how much you really really want to be able to
play the game and how many times and how much frustration you are willing to
put up with to get it.

Some people have had allot of trouble with Pong, Homer on a Harley, Puppy 1,
Mach 1 and Mach 1 tts.  Just can not get the play of the game pictured in
their head I guess.

I did buy a Book Sense XT and some professional stereo ear bud sort of type
microphones.  I recorded a walk out to the flag pole and back.  I think that
it sounds awesome!  Don't know if one could get such realism in a game or
not.

BFN

     Jim

Reality is the only obstacle to happiness.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA