From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 9:22 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] My Apologies and Explanation

Hi all,

I'd like to extend both my apologies and my explanation for the Rogue
Angel request that showed up late yesterday evening. I'm also very sorry
that this has turned into something of a debate as  it did not need to
be if you properly understood what happened, and my intentions regarding
these Rogue Angel programs.

First, as I said the message got sent to this list quite by accident.
There is a mailing list where books are shared, and the message was
intended for that list. However, somehow, unknown to me, it got sent to
this list instead. Thus the issue we now face.

Second, I've been accused of piracy by several list members. I've been
called a spade, to faced, etc. However, many of you jumped to
conclusions, accused me unjustly, without completely understanding my
intentions or plans. You just assumed I intended to pirate the materials
outright. That's not true.

Since I need to give an explanation for why I was asking for these
materials I will do so at this time. You are free to except or not
except my reasons below.

Whenever I purchase a music cd, movie, book, you name it I'd like to
have an opportunity to watch, listen to, or read it before buying it.
Since I knew these Rogue Angel programs were out there I was hoping to
listen to them, and if I liked them I would buy them from Graphic Audio.
If I didn't care for them I would delete them as I'd have no use for
them. either way my intentions was to  preview the material I was
thinking about buying. If that is a crime then I guess that means we
can't watch TV or listen to the radio any more because  Both are good
sources for previewing movies and music right?

I'll leave you all with these basic questions. How many of you have gone
out and purchased a music cd not having heard a single song on it on the
radio before? How many of you have gone out and purchased a movie on dvd
without having seen it on HBO, Show Time,
Stars, etc before? How many of you have gone out and purchased an audio
book without having listened to it from the public library before?

So with that in mind if my intent is to preview or listen to these audio
dramas before purchasing them does that make me a criminal? If I watch a
movie on tv before buying it does that make me a criminal? If I hear a
song on the radio before buying the cd does that make me a criminal?