To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Piracy was: Requesting Rogue Angel Series

Your first example:

Yes, there would be a loss for the company even if you never intended to buy them, because you're still accessing the content without ever paying for it.
Just because you never intended to buy the product doesn't mean you
shouldn't have.

Your second example:

If you've spent a lot of money on the company and are suddenly broke, that's not the company's fault. I was fortunate enough to take a cruise in 2007 and
2008, but I wasn't able to afford one this year, and I won't be able to go
next year. Is it therefore Carnival's responsibility to hook me up with a
free vacation since I've already spent a few thousand dollars traveling with
them? No. I just have to work harder, save my pennies, and go again when I
can afford it. I'm not entitled to anything. What's more, if I attempted
piracy on the high seas, I'd get arrested faster than anyone who ever stole
music or books.

If your friend gives you his copy, that's not illegal because the media
hasn't been duplicated. If, however, your friend makes a separate copy for
you, that is illegal.