Lol. The funny thing is if thomas is the one to do it it only makes him look
all the worse for it. Sorry but it does.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Willem
Sent: 08 November 2009 18:50
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Piracy was: Requesting Rogue Angel Series

I'm sure Kevin and rawl took the necessary actions against Thomas, like
they would for anyone.
    The policies won't change, so people can "not take him seriously"
all they want, but I'm sure it will still be enforced. And you will sure
take someone seriously when you are kicked off a list with the agreement
of all the moderators... Even if you don't you won't be on the list if
you have been warned.
Darren Harris wrote:
> Yes it's a minefield no arguments there. But the whole point is that
> piracy on this list is not permitted yet a request was made, whether
> it was an accident or not is of no importance, the point is, a direct
> request for pirated content was sent to this list, by the very person
> that is meant to be upholding the guidelines of this list.
>
> I'm sorry, whilst I have nothing against Thomas personally I think
> he's an ok kind of guy, but how can someone in his position, come down
> in the future on someone for rearing the ugly head of piracy when he's
> directly done it himself? In the biggest way possible! Nobody now is
> really going to take him seriously unfortunately and the problem here
> is that nobody is going to forget this either. The moment piracy rears
> it's ugly head again and yes it will, if Thomas comes down on it
> again, it will open this whole can of worms again and again and again.
>
> If he'd made the mistake just as a list member and not a moderator,
> then yes it could be let go because a list member has no power to
> moderate therefore cannot enforce list polacy. But a person in the
> kind of position of responsibility who is upholding list polacy cannot
> afford to make mistakes like that and just get away with it for 1 very
> simple reason. If you are upholding a set of laws or guidelines, you
> have to be seen to be following them yourself. The moment that is
> shown to not be the case, then you've got prolems.

subscription via the web, at
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. No virus found in this