Hi Charles,
That's a good question. As most people know I don't use cheat codes for serious gaming, but I sometimes do if the mood strikes. I am most often likely to use a cheat code or codes when I'm in a really bad mood. Like if I just want to get into a game and go on a blind rampage blowing up everyone and everything in site. Many games have an invincibility cheat so you can do anything in the game and not lose health or get damaged by it. That basically gives the player godlike powers and abilitys. Here is a case in point. Back before I lost my sight I use to play a game called Star Wars Dark Forces. It is basically about a former Imperial officer who has joined the Rebbel Alliance, and ends up carrying out several missions. As the plot unfolds you discover the Empire is creating a new type of storm trooper called the dark troopers. When playing the game normally the dark troopers are serious foes to kill. However, if you use the invincibility cheat it was sort of funny marching right through the heart of the Imperial base blowing up everyone and everything in site. When the dark troopers would attack you could fight an entire army of them, not take damage, and pretty much take your time killing each one of them very very slowly. Basically, you were like a god doing what you pleased when you pleased, and the Empire's crack comandos couldn't touch you. It was especially funny dropping a thermal detonator, and sitting right on it when it exploded. All of the troopers would blow up, Kyle would yell, but he was still there undamaged while everything else in the room is blown to pieces. Basically, I did it for kicks, but I never took the game seriously as I did it though.

Charles Rivard wrote:
I know that programmers and testers use cheat codes so that they can test
certain aspects of games before they are sold or given to the public, but why
do you, as a gamer, use them?  After all, it's cheating.  I ask this to see
what answers I get.
---
In God we trust!