I actually don't have any problems with that. In fact the sound's current volume enables me to tell the when shield's about to fade.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 4:12 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Deus shields q9?

Hi.

I'm finding a miner problem with the deus shields. They work great, 0----- however their sound is so loud it's actually rather hard to here the step boundary before pits, ---- especially when there are enemies running around.

Is there any chance the deus shield sound could be made a litle quieter in a future version of the game? If not, I'll just try turning my volume up a bit.

Beware the gRue!