Hi Philip,
Yeah, i have a couple miner suggestions I'd like to see in the next release if you don't mind. There are basically a couple of keyboard modifications I think would make the game a little more user friendly. First, when running I'd like to see the runn command asigned to shift+left arrow and shift+right arrow. This is a very common keyboard asignment and it would make Q9 more like the mainstream games as well as Mysteries of the Ancients. It makes more sense to me than control+left arrow and control+right arrow. Second, if you wouldn't mind I'd like to see jump moved to the control key. Again this is much easier for me than trying to press up arrow and the left or right arrow key to jump left/right

Thanks.

Philip Bennefall wrote:
Hi again folks,

I am working on a 1.0.1 update release of the Q9 game which, of course, will be
free for all registered users. So far, the change log looks like this:

Version 1.0.1:
Added: The alt key can now be used to quickly cycle between your weapons.
Added: A section on saving games is now present in the manual.
Added: Anchor links to the manual which will enable quicker navigation.
Fixed: Fortune fields will no longer create mysterious ghost enemies.
Fixed: Fortune fields can no longer be generated in the middle of a pit.
Fixed: The sounds of the deus shield have been lowered slightly.
Fixed: Going to a new world from the bonus level by using a cheat code now
works properly.

Version 1.0:
Initial release.

I will be adding the other game mode and score posting in the 1.1 release most
likely as it takes a little more work, this is mainly a bugfix/general
improvement patch. Is there anything else that any of you want to see changed?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall