From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:46 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Developer time was: My Opinion of Q9

funny tom, I'm actually replaying super castlevania on the snes at the
moment myself (though currently I'm rather stuck on the 7th world, ---- too
many blasted axe knights!).

I do hope members of the community can provide some sufficiently atmospheric

music to the game, sinse that's a Snes soundtrack which has always greatly
impressed me with it's diversity.

One thing though, i did always think having a whip to kill vampires with was

rather an odd weapon, ----- though i suspect it was included more for the
gameplay mechanics of swinging on hooks and the like than realism.

Perhaps if your redoing a similar game you could give the main character a
more logical weapon, ---- such as a magic holy spear.

there are afterall well known historical archetypes of holy spears which
were said to have properties against the undead such as the spear King
richard used during the crusades, the lances belonging to various angels,
most especially the lance of loginus, and of course the spear which was used

to wound christ upon the cross.

some people may find that objectionable in a game it is true, ---- though
personally I don't see it as any worse than a film such as raiders of the
lost Arc or the Last crusade where Indiana Jones was trying to retrieve the
holy graille.

Beware the Grue!

dark.