To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2009 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Platform jumping games

I recall hereing of a set of games on computers like the C64 called spindizy which had those gyroscope style mechanics, ---- but I've not played them myself.

In truth Jacob, this is one reason I've been so excited about Tom's work, ---- right from the point he was designing the original Montizuma's revenge remake game, ---- which later for various complicated reasons became Mota.

No audio side scroller yet has had any significant vertical movement at all, ---- even compared to the original marrio brothers or Donkey Kong.

this is another reason there has been such a large discussion on this list with Tom, about his desire to create a more 80's style side scroller such as castlevania, ----- but stil with the vertical platforming.

Imho, more side scrollers with vertical elements, ---- of any and all levels of complexity would be an incredibly good thing indeed.

I'll admit, ---- while Q9's sounds, difficulty and well created engine impressed me greatly, I was rather disappointed that it is a symple left to right game, ---- but of course the possibility is always open for Philip to make other side scrollers in future.

Beware the Grue!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4640 (20091126) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4640 (20091126) __________