Fair enough Bryan, --- and good to here window eyes is so obliging, ---- i must admit I've never even met anyone in this country who use window eyes, ---- much less tried it myself, it's probably the one of the big three which i know least about.

With hal, how necessary it is to turn the voice off depends upon whether you have Hal set to speak keystrokes which do not cause on screen changes.

I usually have it set to do so, sinse occasionally I'll have several windows focused and it's handy to know whether I'm moving a curser around, tabbing or what, or whether the keystrokes are just pressing keys, ---- but certainly it's not necessary for Hal to do this either, ---- though just flicking voice and keys off and on is fairly easy to do as I said.

Beware the gRue!