The thing is most people are fairly understanding. It's just a few bad apples who have the potential to make it seem totally unworthwhile (is that even a word?) to keep going. To be quite frank I don't know if I would have the patience to deal with all Thomas has gone through. That's probably why I would hesitate to take over any projects from someone else, especially if money had already become an issue. I don't even know that Thomas would have if A. he hadn't wanted to see these games come to light and B. he'd known just how much of a mess the whole business was going to become. Needless to say he's a man worthy of respect. And I definitely don't begrudge him a nice long break after MOTA is released.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chastity MORSE" <chastitymo...@msn.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 12:25 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] response to Thomas game development schedule

I thought most people understood that development of any kind, especailly accessible games, takes time in the code writing, the checking, the editing and all that, not to mention that most people have lives to attend to. I, personally, didn't know that Raceway and the other were titles you decided to undertake from someone else, but I do appreciate your efforts in their development.
I have played the beta version of MOTA, but not raceway.
I feel that as you are the owner and developer of the games, you have the right to take as much or as little time as you want to work on games or even ignore the computer entirely for several days. I totally understand the cost involved in acquiring sounds and background tracks as I have been looking into such for my own use in web site design. Such things are, if no one else has checked it out, costly and well above even the most expensive accessible game produced. I do web design and I get annoying emails as well on" where's more links, can you add my link, why isn't this page working, and so on. I, too, have a life, no kids, but pets, foster care animals for the local shelter, personal activities like sports and reading, and stuff. I have discovered in just designing web sites that writing xhtml code and css and learning php is more time consuming than I had realized, so I can only imagine what designing game code is like and that's something I'm also checking into. I do hope you will continue to make progress on the games whenever possible and don't get to upset by impatient people.
Good luck and happy Christmas.
Chastity