To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2009 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] X-Sight Interactive news

Hi Thomas,
I decided against the .net framework for several reasons.
For a start, I could never get to grips with the IDE interface.
For a second I always had trouble with .net based interfaces, as screenreaders sometimes cannot recognise the class of the control that is in focus. For example, it might just say OK instead of OK Button. Although this doesn't hold true for games, with them being entirely audio based, there's still the IDE. Then there's the fact that .net software's code can be hacked into unless you use some form of obfuscation. According to a friend who also used vb.net on a temporary basis, there is a piece of software out there that can decompile .net based software. I don't know if that is because of the fact that most of the application is referencing different class objects, but nevertheless I wouldn't want to go down that road if I knew that my software could be hacked.
Regards,
Damien.