Hi Kelly,
Actually, there are two chasms in that room. Just so you know. here is a step by step walkthrough of that room that might help. After I open the statue I walk right until I reach the crumbling ledge. I holster my gun witht the w key. Then, I hold down control first, and then press the right arrow key until Angela safely crosses the first chasm. I continue walking right until she reaches the second ledge, and repete the process witht the control+right arrow kkeys. Once I'm over the second chasm I can enter room 6 and am on my way. As far as the manual describing how to get passed certain traps I personally think that would be too easy. Aftr all as you play the game, get to highr and higher game levels, the traps get a bit harder and I introduce new traps, new boss creatures, etc. I hope to let the player discover some of this out on his/her own. Especially, if I begin adding any kind of puzzles that the person has to solve.

Kelly Sapergia wrote:
Hi,
I finally got around to playing beta 9 of MOTA, and am gradually figuring out how to progress through the first level of the demo. However, I'm stuck at Room 5, which has a door on the right, but there's also a chasm that I guess I have to jump over. I've walked to the right until I hear a sound like rocks falling, so I assume that's where the chasm starts. After making sure my weapons are holstered or whatever, I jump to my right, and fall to my death. Am I doing something wrong? I wish the manual would explain how to get through situations like this.
  Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
For information regarding my Internet radio shows, links to my favorite sites, and more, visit my personal website at http://www.ksapergia.net/. If you need jingles, voiceovers and music for your project at an affordable price, visit KJS Productions at: http://www.kjsproductions.com/.