Personally I like it that way. It took me a bit to find the switch in level 2, rather than finding it by a sound cue.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 10

Hi Hayden,
Actually, the fact pressure switches have no sounds is intentional. That is why they are hidden, and you have to look for them using Angela's torch. While level 2 only has one of them later levels will have more hidden elements and puzzles to solve. That's the point of having a slightly puzzle oriented game.

Hayden Presley wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Before I start I'll say this-if you ever want us to leave our computers,
then you better stop making such great games! <grin> I definitely perefer
this one; at first the fact that a centaur took twice as many shots was a
major annoyance, but then they don't show up as often. I definitely like the
fact that the sword and dagger or more powerful; I am easily able to take
out Cerberos with somewhere between 5 and 7 strokes from the sword. You
might want to make some sound for the pressure switch; I almost missed it
and I would have, had I not checked my eMail earlier.

Keep up  the excellent work,

Hayden