Mike, I don't know how long you have been on this list and other lists where Mysteries of the aintients is discussed, but the same questions and things get brought up over and over. Thomas then has to repeat over and over why something won't work or why he doesn't want to implement it. I don't even want to know what his personal inbox looks like! It's just that there are about a million "simple requests" coming in while Thomas clearly and repeatedly stated that he won't be adding new features and he is moving into the final phases of the beta.

You could simply say your post was the final straw. In fact the same question about loading and saving was asked two days ago and Thomas then also explained why he won't put it into the demo. It makes logical sense. Have you played any of the audio games, barring entombed, which is a different kind of game, where you could save? This is why it is a demo. You can look at all the gma game engine games, monkey business and many other examples. The demo, even a beta, can't contain all the features of the full release.
On 2009/12/09 10:30 PM, Mike Breedlove wrote:
I wouldn't have a problem with this if the game was actually released. I don't
think its asking too much here. You need to just relax, when someone makes a
suggestion like this you instantly shut it down and whine about the whiners.
Sorry for making a simple request for the beta.

Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:05:29 -0500
From: thomasward1...@gmail.com
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] Saving Games in MOTA

Hi Mike and all,
I'm sorry but I simply can't or won't do that for a couple of reasons.
As I said the other day there are two very good reasons why not.
For starts the game is still under constant development. As a result
every time I upgrade the engine the previous save game files are
incompatible witht the previous version. As a result before installing
the upgrades you would have to go into your local application directory
and delete any and all saved games before installing or upgrading to the
new version. As most computer users are not very technically minded I
feel this would be a complication most people would not want to deal
with. Nor would I want to get bug reports that someone's game crashed or
stopped working because they failed to properly remove older saved
games. Therefore I did the smart thing by removing the feature before
such a complication could arise.
Second, it makes a good marketing strategy. If you really want to have
the save/load game feature you will buy the game when it comes out.
After all it is suppose to be a demo and not an unrestricted game here.
If you don't like the game restrictions buy the game. Else stop
complaining about them.
As far as the demo itself goes I didn't have to put these out there for
you guys to play with. I could have used all private testers for this,
and gave you guys nothing until the final release. If you are going to
complain and gripe about the demo then maybe I should do myself a favor
and not release any more betas. In fact, given responses like this
consider the public beta program ended. I've heard my last complaint
and all I can take from this selfish, ungreatful, wining community. I
sure hope you complainers out there are proud of yourself for ending the
public beta program for everyone else. No more betas, announcements, and
hopefully no more problems from you guys.

Mike Breedlove wrote:
I actually agree with peter here. Although I did figure out how many shots it
takes.

Also, we desperately need the save and load options back until the offitial
release. Sorry, but I'm not replaying level 1 everytime I die on level 2. Good
way to make me not play the game anymore.