We're hoping to get around to it when I go see him in a few weeks.
Allison
http://www.allisonmervis.com/
----- Original Message ----- From: "peter Mahach" <piterm...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Playing games on a real live Apple II e!

it'd be cool if you could do a podcast of this thing in action. that'd be interesting. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Hartley" <jeremyhart...@comcast.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 5:56 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Playing games on a real live Apple II e!

Hey there folks.

I almost wasn't going to post to the list with this question, but this is sort of game related, and all the other lists and avenues I have tried are either no longer in existence, or the automated subscribing method appears to be broken, for example, on blindtech. grin

Anyway, a few days ago, a very special person obtained an apple II e machine for me, equipped with many disks with TextTalker and talking writer, Oregon trail, space invaders, haunted house, and a whole host of other games that I'm sure some of you know and remember from our apple days.

I will keep this question short. I am recalling a lot of commands from my days with the Apple II gs and echo, such as run, brun, int, load, and catalog. However, I can not seem to remember the screen review commands that was a part of all textTalker based programs. I did remember last night that if I hit Control+l it got me into review mode. Not sure how I remembered that after almost sixteen years. Heh. But anyway, does anyone here remember the other screen review commands?

I would love to play some of these games, or even port some of them to windows just for kicks and a programming exercise.

Anyway, to not clutter up the list, I will include my e-mail address if you want to reply privately.

jeremyhart...@comcast.net

Thanks.

Jeremy Hartley

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4333 (20090813) __________