I remember that! I'd give just about anything to get my hands on an Apple 2E and an Echo just to play those games. My favorites were the Typing Game, where the letters would fall down the screen and you had to type each one to stop it, and of course Space Invaders. Oh and let's not forget Dragon Maze. Ah, good times.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Hartley" <jeremyhart...@comcast.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 9:56 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Playing games on a real live Apple II e!

Hey there folks.

I almost wasn't going to post to the list with this question, but this is sort of game related, and all the other lists and avenues I have tried are either no longer in existence, or the automated subscribing method appears to be broken, for example, on blindtech. grin

Anyway, a few days ago, a very special person obtained an apple II e machine for me, equipped with many disks with TextTalker and talking writer, Oregon trail, space invaders, haunted house, and a whole host of other games that I'm sure some of you know and remember from our apple days.

I will keep this question short. I am recalling a lot of commands from my days with the Apple II gs and echo, such as run, brun, int, load, and catalog. However, I can not seem to remember the screen review commands that was a part of all textTalker based programs. I did remember last night that if I hit Control+l it got me into review mode. Not sure how I remembered that after almost sixteen years. Heh. But anyway, does anyone here remember the other screen review commands?

I would love to play some of these games, or even port some of them to windows just for kicks and a programming exercise.

Anyway, to not clutter up the list, I will include my e-mail address if you want to reply privately.

jeremyhart...@comcast.net

Thanks.

Jeremy Hartley