Hi Thomas,

You know adding the sapi5 support would be the easy part of speech.  It is
using wave files that takes so much programming.  For Basic it could be as easy
as

if sapi = true then
say StuffToSay variable
else
do the wave file speech stuff
end if

I actually have two say sub routines.  One waits for the speech to be done and
the other doesn't.  They are just sub say(a$) and say2(a$)  And look like

Sub say(a$)
Voice.Speak a$
End Sub

Sub say2(a$)
Voice.Speak a$, SVSFlagsAsync
End Sub

That would be pretty easy to add I would think.

BFN

    Jim

Kitchen's Inc, for games that are up to 110 percent funner to play.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA