Hi Nick,
SWT isn't a program but a package or library of classes and functions used for drawing windows, buttons, text labels, etc. Basically, all of the things you would expect from a standard Windows program. It is what we call in the programming business an API. You add it to your Java program by making a project link to SWT in your development environment, and then you begin programming using that package. You import the namespaces you want or need, and, well, you create the windows by using the classes and functions contained in that package. As far as developing goes you will need the Sun Java JDK, I recommend 1.6, and an IDE like Eclipse. Eclipse comes with the SWT packages so it isn't like you have to find and install something separate here. If you use Eclipse you can write and debug the code in the Eclipse IDE. In addition if you feel like doing things manually, like I do, you can always use the commandline tools like javac directly. However, that's more of an advanced programmers way of doing things I suppose.

HTH

Nick Helms wrote:
How would I get swt to work with my programs?
I assume that I could write the code, compile, etc, but I would
obviously have a hard time running it if it didn’t work with my
screenreader. Basicly what I’m asking is, where would SWT come in to
play? I assume I would need it to debug because I would need to test
varius blocks of code before compilation.
Also, is there a program for developing java applications that will
let you enter the code, help you debug it, etc?