Well, actually, it's notjust about C++. I'm wondering what I would have to do to learn a programming language which would be useful for coding games. I have the time to invest, I just don't have a lot of money. Is it possible to get the programming tools for, say, C++ or C#online? Are there freeware versions of these things available, or do I have to cough up bux? And finally, are there online resources for learning the language? Is it possible to learn C programming purely by making use of online tools?

If these are foolish questions, I'd like to know which questions I should be asking. For instance, I would be very interested in guidance from old hands like Thomas or Jim as to which way to turn, now that I've made the decision to acquire the skill. I think making accessible games is a great, even a noble ambition, and I'd be proud to join the ranks of guys like them.

--Bill

----

"Do one thing for me, Sredni Vashtar!"