Hi Bill,
No problem. The direct url for the Visual C++ compiler is
http://developers.usagamesinteractive.com/downloads/vs-express/VC-Express-2008.zip
and this version comes with the 2008 Windows Platform SDK so that should be all you need unless you need DirectX or SDL which are separate downloads. Since you are just learning to program I'd say to wait to install those sorts of SDKs and just install VC++ and the Windows Platform SDK that comes with it.

<Smile>

William L. Houts wrote:

Hi Thomas,

I just went to your site and saw the links, but am a little puzzled as to which of them I should download for my purposes. I would be looking for the C++ compiler and anything that comes along with it.

Thanks again!

--Bill