twitter is for posting things that are... too short for a blog. for instance you wouldn't post a few character entry I'm eating icecream now, they're good, on a blog,however, you certainly should do it on twitter. it's also nice for sharing last-minute news (companies such as cnn that sort of thing) are there and there exist services to do all sorts of things from games, to tweating via email to posting rss feed updates as tweets. Klango's twitter client is a little combersome if you ask me. I prefer qwitter, found at http://www.qwitter-client.net it talks to jfw, wineyes, and system access directly and, if none of these are running it uses sapi. it has things like soundpack but the cool thing is it can be used from *anywhere*. most commands use windows and control, so you just hit win ctrl n, type in your tweet and press enter and that's it. receiving is as easy, but many people prefer other things.
these are my 2 cents worth.
To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2009 8:24 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Regarding twitter?

Hi.

There have been a few postings about twitter lately. I always assumed twitter was just another form of occasionally updated content, such as an rss feed, however if it's able to run games I'd guess this is different.

sinse Klango now has a twitter client, I'd be interested to know precisely what twitter is and how it works, ---- do you need to register? is it similar to facebook with a page and profile?

appologies if I seem amazingly dim here, ---- just put this down to my usual policy with anything computer related, ---- ie, I learn enough to allow me to do what I'm able to do, rather than learning things for their own sake, now however, twitter is encroaching into games land, ---- it's about time i found out!

I could of course just look up twitter on wikipedia, ----- but I well suspect I'll get a better explanation here.

thanks in advance.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4333 (20090813) __________

http://www.eset.com