Hi Munawar,
Well, Java is getting faster. The Java 6 runtime has pretty fast exicution speeds compared to earlier releases, but it is still primarily designed for general applications and not so much games. I've used my fair share of Java apps on Linux such as Star Office, Sun's MS Office clone, Jpodder, and a few other apps here and there and it works fairly well with those kinds of programs. However, when I tried creating an early version of Mysteries of the Ancients in Java it didn't run as well as it should have. The .NET versions execution times were faster and more stable thant he Java port. Some of the bugs I could have fixed, but I wasn't too sure I could resolve the issues with exicution speeds so abandoned it before I got too far into it.

<Smile>